The Mossman Gorge Training Centre currently works with the below organisations who provide Traineeship and work experience placements for our residential Programs.
- Pullman Sea Temple Resort and Spa Port Douglas
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas
- QT Resort and Spa Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
- Mango Jam Café Port Douglas
The Support received from the local Hospitality and Tourism Industry is vital to the ongoing success of our Program. Without the above organisations, providing these life changing opportunities for our Trainees would not be possible.
Host Employer Support
1) An intensive recruitment process. The recruitment process includes two interviews and reference checks, Literacy and Numeracy Testing and a two stage interview.
2) Skills Based Training. Trainees participate in an intensive Induction period that includes technical job skills for the area in which they will be working. This assists the trainee feel more comfortable on their first day on the job, having learnt some basic skills before commencing. Ongoing skills based training in provided as part of the Accredited Units and a personalised development program can be implemented where needed so further support can be given to any trainee and employer who requires assistance.
3) Daily Transport. The Centre operates a staff shuttle service which transports students to and from work 7 days a week, several times a day. This is an integral service to support students without transport and to assist in reliability for those transitioning to full time work for the first time.
4) Cultural Awareness Training. A full day Cultural Awareness session which includes Traineeship requirements is provided for all Host Employers and their supervisors.
5) Option to Employ. At the completion of the Traineeship Program, Host Employers may offer their trainees permanent employment. Retaining Trainees within their property is a fantastic benefit for local employers who can be challenged by high staff turnover rates due to seasonality and a transient workforce within the local area.