The Mossman Gorge Training Centre currently works with the below organisations who provide work experience placements for our residential Programs.
- Pullman Sea Temple Resort and Spa Port Douglas
- Ramada Resort
- Mantra Heritage
- Mantra Portsea
- Peppers Beach Club Port Douglas
The Support received from the local Hospitality and Tourism Industry is vital to the ongoing success of our Program. Without the above organisations, providing these life changing opportunities for our students would not be possible.
Host Student Support
1) An intensive recruitment process. The recruitment process includes two interviews and reference checks, Literacy and Numeracy Testing and a two stage interview.
2) Skills Based Training. Students participate in an intensive Induction period that includes technical job skills for the area in which they will be working. This assists the student feel more comfortable on their first day on the job, having learnt some basic skills before commencing. Ongoing skills based training in provided as part of the Accredited Units and a personalised development program can be implemented where needed so further support can be given to any student and employer who requires assistance.
3) Daily Transport. The Centre operates a staff shuttle service which transports students to and from work. This is an integral service to support students without transport and to assist in reliability for those transitioning to full time work for the first time.
4) Cultural Awareness Training. A full day Cultural Awareness session is provided for all Host supervisors.