Mossman Gorge Centre – the gateway to Mossman Gorge and the southern section of the Daintree Rainforest - is the perfect addition to any conference itinerary. With a world –class ecofriendly visitor centre, contemporary café and art gallery, friendly staff and local Indigenous guides, your delegates will be taken on one of Australia’s most authentic Indigenous experiences.
The Centre is easily accessible from Port Douglas and Cairns, making it the perfect add-on for a stand out conference or event.
Delegates can immerse themselves in the natural surrounds as they are taken on the Dreamtime Gorge Walk, which provides fascinating insight into the spectacular Mossman Gorge and an authentic experience with Indigenous Australia on the traditional lands of the Kuku Yalanji people. The Dreamtime Walk offers exclusive demonstrations on traditional plant use, the making of bush soaps, and ochre paint. Guides identify traditional bush food sources, and provide an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationship with this unique tropical environment.
“The best executed and most memorable team activity and tour we’ve experienced – clearly the best part of our 4 day conference”
- Australian Corporate Conference with 60 delegates
Mossman Gorge & Dreamtime Walk Delegate Experience
We can tailor the cultural experiences and delegate program for a range of group sizes, here’s a suggested program.
Suggested Program – Duration: please allow approx. 1.5-2hours for the whole experience.
- Meet and greet on arrival by Mossman Gorge Centre friendly staff and Indigenous guides, before delegates are taken to private Kuku Yalanji Land, a short 5 minute drive into the rainforest.
- For larger groups delegates will be split into groups of 18-20 pax to ensure an intimate experience during the Dreamtime Walk tour. Our team is on hand to help coordinate this.
- Delegates will be officially welcomed with a traditional smoking ceremony before embarking on the guided walk. The walk should take roughly an hour.
- Upon conclusion of the tour a complimentary transfer will be waiting to take delegates back to the Centre where they will enjoy a specially prepared bush tea & damper at the Mayi Café.
- Delegates will be given additional time to browse local artwork and products in the Art Gallery & Retail Shop.
- For large groups (52 pax or more) we suggest a staggered arrival to the Centre, leaving approximately 15-20 minutes between coach arrivals.
- Why not ask us about a traditional ‘Welcome to Country’. Highly recommended as a special welcome or opening for your event or conference.
- Tailored catering options and unique corporate gifts are available with notice.
To book, or for further enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org